Wednesday, September 9, 2009

When life gives you lemons....

Here's the good, the bad, and humorous details of our life the last few weeks!

We did nursery this past Sunday. Jim was the "child whisperer".
and he got peed on.
and we had a good laugh.

We were "under contract" on a house here in Raleigh! ...until today. The seller wanted out and was making our lives miserable. She got her way. And we're excited not to have to deal with her for the next two months....now praying another house turns up in time to close before Dec. 1.

We are going to the mountains with Jim's siblings & nephew this fall-and we're so excited! Plans are underway...[just think: a quaint cabin, Blue Ridge Mountains, bonfires, apple cider & hiking: that, my friends makes my heart happy]

Fall is in the air...and I LOVE IT. by far my favorite season. We slept with the windows open multiple times last week...the best sleep we have had since the king size bed in Michigan:)

Labor Day -- Chik-fil-A: free chicken sandwiches if you wore some team spirit. We met up with the Wood family and proudly displayed our Michigan and Calvin pride! ...and enjoyed a free lunch. Awesome. (edited at a later time... by Jim. I may have gotten a total of 4 free sandwiches throughout the day. no big deal.)

Phew. I think that's the latest and greatest. We hope all is well with you, our faithful reader[MOM] .

love.
em

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I thought I was your FAVORITE reader and I'm not mom...although it might be ok to be your mom.

Kristin said...

I am so excited for October!!! We are going to have a blast! Oh and I am also a faithful reader, I check you blog every day :)

Jack said...

I'm not your mom either - but still a faithful reader :) Miss you guys

Anonymous said...

hey, i just read your latest post and i want to say that i am a faithful reader too!!! Even more faithful now that i have more time to read due to the fact i now know the might powers of pear juice....