Friday, June 5, 2009

Michigan (Jim's version)

3 1/2 days of pure tiredness.

A trip to Michigan for:
-BJ and Courtney's wedding.
-Evan's first birthday party

Things I missed:
-my sister-in-law's high school open house
-my sister-in-law's high school graduation
-BJ & Courtney's wedding rehearsal
-a bonfire at Rick and Julie's... with Kristin (seriously, I miss those)


In addition to all the family events I also had time to play golf with my brother-in-law and all the groomsmen (first time playing in nearly 8 years, and to my dad and brother's surprise... I had a lot fun - so much for "hating" golf), hang out with Little E (he didn't even cry when I was playing with him on the swings and slides on Sunday... the breakthrough is finally coming), see many friends, AND a game of kickball.

As always, it was a great trip to spend time with family and friends. We got a later start back to Raleigh and finally arrived back at the apartment at about 3:00am. I got a few hours of sleep and was then off to school, it made for a long Monday but it was well worth it!

Enjoy my pictures from those 3 1/2 days






* And Rachel... I was not apart of the IKEA trip with Emily (seeing how I was still in NC at the time), otherwise frappes it would have been!

Thanks for reading about my trip to Michigan.
Jim

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jim. We missed you at every one of those events you didn't make it too!!!! And we really appreciated your driving all that way for 3 1/2 days. We didn't even notice you were tired.

Anonymous said...

Hey, what about kickball? Were you defeated??

Anonymous said...

Sure can't help but thinking that playing hide and seek on Monday would have been a good way to spend time with you students. You hide and tell them not to seek. Hope you've caught up on your sleep.

rachel said...

Haha - thanks for the clarification! :) Glad you guys had a fun family time in Michigan though!

Kristin said...

Ummmm...I was at that bonfire too. :)

Kristin said...

Thanks for including that little detail. You make me laugh :)