Monday, January 19, 2009

Only in the South...

The day started off early as Emily went to work, however I decided to go back to sleep for an hour. I got up did some paperwork for all the IEP meetings I have this week and next. Then it was off to Frankies Fun Park to hang out with the Youth Group (at least those that did not have school, which was a majority). We played some laser tag, which I have not played in a couple years. We also took the go-karts out for a spin, it was an outdoor track and with the weather in the low 40's and windy it proved to be a chilly ride. We finished up the morning/afternoon at Chick-Fil-A for lunch. A good time.

Now here is where the blog title comes into play. We are under a winter storm warning for late tonight/tomorrow morning. They are calling for 2-4 inches. Anyways, I stopped at Lowes on the way home from Chick-Fil-A to pick up a couple things for the apartment. I was proceeded in line by 2 couples that were both carrying big shovels and snow scrapers. HA. They were talking to the cashier and asking what they would do if it didn't snow and they had already bought all of this stuff. His response, "Well, you COULD return it."

Later in the day I headed off to the grocery store for a few things. The place was PACKED. Bottled water, bread, and other non-refrigerated foods were filling most of the carts. Again, I had to stop myself from laughing.

When I got home, the bottom of the tv was already flashing school closings for tomorrow. However, Wake County has not made the executive decision yet, we shall see what the morning brings I suppose.

Oh and one more thing. Salt trucks have been out since late afternoon/early evening spreading a "salt solution" on the roads just in case. phheww.

Here's to the unknown!

Jim

No comments: