Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's on the house...

Emily and I went out to North Hills outdoor mall, in Raleigh, tonight for some dinner and a little shopping. We went to Moe's Southwest Grill because they were giving away free burritos. Now as you have read in the past, I am a big fan of free food promotions from restaurants. Whether it is a free taco (or 4) from Taco Bell, free Chicken strips or sandwiches from Chick-Fil-A, or a scoop of ice cream from Baskin Robbins or Ben and Jerry's, you can assume that I will do my best to take advantage of it. Well out of all the free food promotions I have participated in, I think this one comes out on top. Emily and I both received a free Joey Jr. (basically a normal sized burrito with a basket each of chips and salsa for free)! It was normally a $10 meal. Fantastic.
Now, here is what I don't understand when restaurants have free food promotions. I have previously discussed this issue with Alan, aka "Chad" (usually on the free taco day from TB), another advocate for the free food giveaways. Why, when the restaurant is giving away a specific item for free, would you order something that you have to pay for? It's preposterous. Honestly, you have the choice between a free meal or paying normal price for a meal, and you choose paying?? It just doesn't make sense (no pun intended). Tonight we had some customers who got some nachos and soda among other things, and paid around $13 for it. Emily and I ordered two burritos and two glasses glasses of water, our total bill... $0. Case and point. And, to make it even better, we received a promotion on our receipt to do a short online customer service survey to receive a free Joey burrito (even larger than the Joey jr.) on our next visit. Splendid.

Alright well it is time to read a little Johnny Tremain before bed. I hope y'all have a good night.

Jim

Oh and one more thing, tomorrow night might be a night out for dessert as the aforementioned Baskin and Robbins is giving away a free scoop of their new "healthier"ice cream. How sweet it is.

No comments: