Sunday, November 23, 2008

good morning.

I love Sunday mornings...I'm sitting here with a hot cup of coffee, the cinnamon rolls are in the oven, and we're cozy on the couch scouring over the Sunday paper and coupons of the week-and catching up on the blog.

Wow, I feel like I just aged myself. But, I think I'm ok with that...

Exciting things in our life this week and last:

-We celebrated Thanksgiving with friends from church last night-delicious!
-I was on-call yesterday and didn't get called into work
-We survived the high school retreat and had a blast-with only a minor injury on Jim's part [due to running into a thorn bush while playing capture the flag in the dark-unfortunately our team was defeated.]
-Jim survived his "marathon" of meetings last Tuesday-5 of those before 11am.
-I'm on the pursuit of training for a half marathon and ran a total of 15 miles this week-a first for me
-We found a great deal on a webcam-and now are the proud owners-and would love to chat with you
-I got an early birthday present from Jim-new running shoes! a definite highlight of my week [no more blisters!!!]
-Despite Jim's liking I started listening to Christmas music. I love it.
-WE HAD SNOW! 4/10ths of an inch. I had to do a double-take when I walked out of the house. An OB was so happy at work he brought us blueberry and apple pie, apple cider, and ice-cream
-I have today off and am extremely grateful
-I have become addicted to coupons and joined a 4 week trial of The Grocery Game. Check it out! http://www.thegrocerygame.com/
-Bentley graduated from puppy class-we tried to get pictures, but he just wouldn't sit still with his graduation cap on. [PS. we were mortified]

Phew. I think that's it!
Have a blessed day.

with joy,
em

Here are a couple pictures of the youth group retreat last weekend...good times had by all!

just his size?!

1 comment:

John and Leah said...

yay for new running shoes! don't you feel like you could keep running forever? OR, maybe just 13.1 miles. that's enough for now. much love. ljb