Sunday, September 21, 2008

a day of 'shrooms.


Fall is in the air...and I couldn't be happier. Autumn is by far my favorite season and at last the days have cooled. The windows are open and the air conditioning is off. Leaving for work I am greeted by the crisp air and my yawns turn to smiles.

Our apartment smells of apples and pumpkin spice. Candles are lite and our pumpkin displays are out.

Tomorrow my friends, is the first official day of fall.
I am ready, and not a moment too soon. It is time to celebrate.

It was a great day, indeed. We went hiking at Umstead State Park and put in a good 6+ miles. The trails were gorgeous and the temperature just right. It felt so good to be outside. Great conversation and laughs to be had...

The grounds were covered in mushrooms-in every color, shape, and size- I don't think I have ever seen such variety in the mushroom family...




So, all is well over here. It's hard to believe another work week is approaching. Busy week ahead, but good things are happening, and we are content. We are eagerly awaiting October for numerous reasons-visits from family, camping with the Baldauffs, and numerous other fall festivities-it's crazy to think September is coming to an end!
Well, off to enjoy the rest of this Sunday.

Love to all.
em

1 comment:

rachel said...

those mushrooms are cute! all we have here are the nasty grow-on-the-side-of-the-tree kind.

as far as fruit roll-ups - yeah! we started packing our lunches, figuring it was more budget-friendly, and i figured, hey, if i'm packing my lunch, you'd better believe there's going to be a treat. last week it was pudding cups. i'm the envy of every 3rd grader alive.