Monday, September 1, 2008

The Day of Labor

So this whole weekend Emily has been working, including today. I can only imagine just how busy she was at work today with it being LABOR day and all.

I, on the other hand, had the past 3 days off. I spent the first couple days reading, training Bentley, watching the coverage of Gustav, watching college football, dishes, laundry, a little cleaning, and doing some lesson planning.

Today, though, I needed to get outside. So I headed out to do some geocaching. I strategically planned my geocaching expedition so that I would swing near 2 Chick-Fil-A restaurants (one at the start, and one at the finish). Why you might ask? Well let me tell you. Today Chick-Fil-A had the best fast food promotion I have ever been a part of (some of you faithful readers might be asking "Even better than free taco day at Taco Bell that you wrote about last year?" To that I say... way better. What about free slurpee day at 7-11? No contest). All you had to do was wear the logo of your favorite football team, and you got a free 3 piece chicken strips. I threw on a Michigan t-shirt and headed out the door. I found a couple caches and then headed to Chick-Fil-A for a quick lunch. Then it was back to geocaching. The second park I went to was right across the street from another Chick-Fil-A. How convenient. After locating a few more caches, it was off to free lunch #2. Perfect. Alan, I hope I did you proud.

The day ended with 6 geocaches, and 6 free chicken strips. Not too bad.

For all you skeptics out there, the promotion clearly said "one free 3 piece chicken strips, per visit."

I decided for dinner I should be a little healthier than two fast food visits, so here is what I came up with.
It was a good and relaxing weekend, albeit quite lonely.

Here's to a four day work week!

jim

2 comments:

rachel said...

First thing I said to Doug this morning: "The weekend is practically here again already!"

High five.

Anonymous said...

Does Bentley geocache? Does he have a Michigan T-shirt?