Wednesday, December 19, 2007

JOY to the world

This month is flying by and it's hard to believe that Christmas is less than a week away. Jim is finishing up his last couple days of school before he begins his 4 week break. Today is my third day off in a row, to which I am grateful. I was able to do some Christmas shopping, cleaning, and...catch up on some much needed sleep! Work is going really well, and I just finished my 9th week on L&D. Sunday was my first day off orientation, which was slightly nerve-wrecking... but, the day proved to be uneventful and quite enjoyable. Prayers are appreciated though as I continue to get accustomed to labor and delivery without my side-kick (aka, my preceptor!)

We're beginning to dream of a white Christmas, yes...even ME! Just for a day
[particularly Dec. 25] it would be nice to see some snow. However, I'm sure I'll get my fixing when we go to Ohio at the end of this month for Jim's dad's wedding...and when we return to GR in January. [we hope to be home Jan. 10-15...and would love to see as many of you as possible!]

Here a two pics to leave you with. Crazy how life can change in a mere 12 months. These pictures were taken almost exactly a year apart...

Dec. 3, 2006:Michigan. A blustery Sunday, looking for that "perfect" Christmas tree. An annual Hapner tradition. Great memories made...

Dec. 1, 2007: North Carolina. Tennis in December, and I never would have imagined 9 days later temperatures would be in mid 70's-80's.

....what a crazy journey we're on....

love to all,

em

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have already been in L&D for 9 weeks! wow! anyway, the snow.... you probably don't miss driving in it huh? love you ! court

CresceNet said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.