Monday, September 3, 2007

Life's a hike, you learn as you climb...

I apologize for the delay in writing. Life is getting SLIGHTLY busier and slightly less eventful, but still so good! Jim continues to enjoy teaching. Prayers are much appreciated as he has numerous meetings with parents in the upcoming weeks. I have continued to spend my time at the Pregnancy Support Services, which has continued to be such a blessing. Also, I had an interview last week Tuesday at REX Hospital....and today I unofficially accepted a job on a labor and delivery unit. Crazy! It is such a huge change from oncology, but I pray it will be just what I need to refuel my love for nursing. I should hear from human resources later this week regarding an official offer, if all goes well with my criminal background check and references...so keep your fingers crossed!:)

We have had a relaxing Labor Day weekend and were able to catch up with many family and friends over the phone. We are so eager to see everyone in October when we return to GR to celebrate Valerie and Alan's wedding! Whoohoo!!! We also spent time hiking on Saturday at a local state park, which was beautiful! I'll try and post pics tomorrow. We pray everyone enjoyed the long weekend as well.
With joy, Em

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's Valerie and Alan?

Anonymous said...

I don't know, but they sound really cool!!