Friday, July 20, 2007

A "Cold Front" is on the way

Well today has been a pretty quiet day around here.

However, I can quickly update you on some of the things that we've been doing since our last post. I actually found a pick-up game of Ultimate Frisbee to join on Tuesday night (yes I know, I, too, was amazed at my good fortune). It turns out that Ultimate is huge in the Triangle. They actually have leagues with drafts and tournaments and everything. After playing with this random group of about 25 people for an hour and a half I took off right as a huge storm came through the area. It was a totally different experience playing with this group, because they play strictly by the rules. It is always fun to play, but it is nothing like the games we play back home (but I think I'll continue to play here).

Also, tennis has become almost a nightly ritual for Emily and me. There are 3 parks within 10 minutes that have lighted tennis courts. We usually wait until later in the evening so that the temperature can drop in the high 80's at least. We both are a little rusty... however, Emily's rust is wearing off.... but thats not the case with me.

Another big event of the week was Emily getting a haircut. Now it might seem like a pretty small meaningless event, but think about it... We're out in this new area with about 20 different haircut places (none of which are large chains that span into Michigan), and their prices are through the roof. Emily finally got sick of looking and chose a place that is about 15-20 minutes away... and decided she was no longer able to get those $10 haircuts at the trailer (which we took for granted, but now we really miss). I, too, have gotten my haircut.... but I went to a "great cuts" which was only $8.... and the end result proved it was only an $8 haircut. Oh the things you don't think of when you move to a new area.

And for the title story. A "cold front" is coming through the Raleigh area this weekend!! You may notice that I have been using quotation marks around the phrase cold front.... and here is why. The weather is supposed to dip down to around 86 degrees this weekend (and we couldn't be happier!). I guess the reason they have the right to call it a cold front is because we have been dealing with temps in the mid 90's all week, with yesterday reaching a heat index of 105. Yeah so it has been pretty hot here lately, but we are looking forward to the somewhat cooler weather this weekend.

Alright well that is all for now, I hope you have all had a good week so far.

Jim

PS - I didn't reread this entry before posting it so I apologize for any mistakes!

No comments: